Friday, July 26, 2013

Warmahordes - Journeyman Tournament - Week 1, Part 1

These post titles are getting longer and more convoluted with every entry.

I failed completely at taking any pictures of any of my games, this is a constant issue for me but i digress.  In lue of actual pictures of the game, I'm just randomly going to find awesome pictures to make up for my failure as I review my games and ramble about them.

In hindsight my list was questionable at best, I took  pThagrash, a Carnivean, a Raek, and a Naga Night Lurker.

Monsters....
Grrr...  
Arrrrgh....









I had all this planned out in my head that I was going to remove defence buffs with the Naga's animus, use the Raek to jump by and deliver the killing blow to the enemy warcaster. My brain of a melting pot of tactical genius.

None of that happened.

My Strategy in action in most cases.


Now mind you I went 2 and 2 yesterday.  All 4 games we really fun, and even if I lost all of them I would have walked out of there happy as a clam.  My main point is "The Plan"  Failed completely. Not my forces, not my game, just what I thought I should have done, simply didn't work.

So lets jump into some of what happened


My first game was against a fellow named Steve M.  He was playing Khador and I believe his list consisted of pButcher, a Destroyer, and a very nicely painted Spriggan



                                                              Model's depicted for reference

I don't know much about Khador except they are tough to deal with, and I also know I don't want to get near any model holding a giant fucking axe who's name is "The Butcher".  It's like Godzilla that one time he came up near some Japanese Giant Hornets.

We can Thank The Oatmeal for this one

But it didn't change the point... I wasn't going to go any where near that bastard. I tried to tie up his jacks with the bodies of my warbeasts and in what I still consider to be a desperation move,  cast Obliteration on him, and just rolled high on the damage. It was a good game, and now I must keep an eye over my shoulder for I fear his vengeance will be terrible.

Next I played against Angelina,  she was rocking  a Circle of Orboros force. eKaya and Laris,  and 2 Feral Warp Wolves.
x2
Angelina's models were painted much better than these.

This game was both exciting and interesting, Angelina was plagued by mis-charges.  Always off by just 2 or 2 millimeters, but she stood firm on her declarations of intent and braced herself for the counter charges. This would end up getting one of her Warp Wolves killed, but  Kaya behind my lines with a little Trick of her pet wolf which lets her teleport to where the wolf is.  

I would like to point out that she had obliterated my Carnivean.  It was DEAD. D E A D, DEAD.   She was so happy to have killed it too, which is why it was so bitter sweet when I popped my Feat and brought him back from the dead.  That same Carnivean would go on to end Kaya's life with a snap of it's jaws. 

I was a good learning game for both of us, still getting used to rules we had to ask a few questions. My victory was in hand now, but little did I know...

I was about to get the shit kicked out of me by another fellow who also went by the name of Steve S.
When I looked at his force he looked down at it as well and said "Yes, I have 2 named jacks, I'm an ass." Which immediately amused me.   I will say that this was the game that got my heart pumping  Not that Steve M and Angelina didn't put up a fight, they did, but from the start of this battle I felt I was on the losing end, and I had to try and prove myself.
Steve was rocking 3 models,  Vladimir Tzepesci, Great Price of Imbrey,   Drago (Vlad's personal Berserker jack ), and Beast-09


When they are all combined they turn into a Megazord of assfuckery.

Steve was awesome to play against, he had massive amounts of strategies in his head and he was more then willing to explain them to me. His force was soo mobile and offensive I was already on the wrong foot starting off. I knew as I watched  None of that would stop him from killing all my warbeasts in One round of combat.  I almost disabled Drago, but you know what they say, horseshoes and handgrenades...

That was an amazing game to show me that there are strategies that I have not even dreamt of yet and that I was not prepared.  Also, he got me a soda, which makes him ok in my book.

Last battle of the night was a rematch against Angelina, which I had high hopes for coming off such a sound crushing defeat.

Low did I know that in the time we played last she apparently because a Circle savant and developed this crazy awesome strategy which consisted of that same teleport trick from before... only as the first move of her 2nd turn.. then she popped her feat, which brought all of her models over by her... btw.. she was only like 2  inches from my warlock.    
pThagrosh promptly pooped himself, and was destroyed by 2 giant werewolves.  It seemed a fitting revenge that snapping jaws would also take him out.


I informed her that she had just created a rivalry, and that this wasn't over.  

Then I went home and passed out.
Was a great time, and I look forward to getting back there tomorrow and playing another few games.

Well this is a nice solid battle report, hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed experiencing it.  
Leave a comment, they sustain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment