Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cherry Poppin... Warcasters?


It happened, it really happened.   I stopped out at The Game Store today after Brigitte got a quick nap in and I played my first game of Warmahordes.


It was exciting, by exciting I mean I enjoyed getting caught up in playing a game.  I forgot about everything else for just 2 hours.

I played against a bloke named Brian, he is Press Ganger which was explained to me that he was the local Privateer Press organizer. He is the one in charge of the tournament so he was chalk-full of willingness to help me learn how to play.  

I always wonder what people are thinking when they are teaching people stuff.   I hate training, drives me batty. I have to fight with my brain when I train people because my brain understand that people don't know what I know, and that they have different learning patters and quickness. But I don't give a shit and it annoys me that I have to repeat myself 3 or 4 times. There is a reason I don't work for MPS.

Anyways...

I'm playing my trolls...
These aren't mine, but they are literally the same type of models I had. (Yay Google Image search!)

Brian played his Cygnar force... 
Again, not his models, but Google Image search is a sweet lover, and I was too wrapped up to take pictures with my phone.

The first game was fun, it was a no frills, we went right at each other with out any real special strategy.  Mostly I needed to get the mechanics down.  It was the little things that I was trying to get burnt into my head like when charging I get +2 inches to my range... not double range.  Just rules.

My Troll Axer ran in and tried to take that big Ironclad Warjack, and I will tell you something.  The only way to describe the ass whooping that the Axer got is the say it had to be 1953, and my Axer burnt the pot-roast right as the Ironclad got home from work.  The axer was just owned.

Her Axe is soaking...

But, my Troll Impailers were on a crit streak and knocked down all of his models at least once and in the end my warlock ran in himself and performed some crazy albino kungfu and chopped his warcaster in half himself. He really came through for me.  It was a great victory!

#TrueStory

So being that I still had some time, I asked Brian if he would be interested in round 2.   This time we moved some terrain around a little, but all it really did was make us play to the right of where we were the first game... same thing. The Ironclad Warjack must have come to the 2nd game drunk and pissed about the pot-roast again because he bludgeoned the shit out of the Axer again. On the other hand this game I killed his Lancer (The guy with the spear and shield).....  another sweet victory!... oh wait, that's right the game didn't end there.

After that he ran the Ironclad up to the Albino Warlock and tried to kill him.   Honestly, I think the Ironclad was just trying to work out some personal problems because he was trying to hit everyone.  I nearly got destroyed by it too, but was informed i could transfer the damage over, POOF!  I narrowly avoided getting my head smashed like a watermelon at a Gallagger show.

He will be showing up in the next expansion as a mercenary caster... with that look on his face.
So I ran at his Warcaster again and started up my albino lawnmower, the attacks are flying left and right and I'm not doing so bad, boost the attacks.... AND.... get him down to 1 box of life left.

After that he wasted no time mercilessly murdering me.  Like... I had 3 health left... and he did like 19 damage.    I failed my Tough test and that was it.

In any case it was a great time and it helped me understand what was going on.  I can't wait to play a few more games.








No comments:

Post a Comment