Friday, April 26, 2013

Is this thing sinking already?

So I think its just that I'm excited about doing this which is why I'm already posting again. That will fade with life and children so I might as well pump out a few good posts right away to lure you in so that you want sit and wait for a post that will never come.  Then like 5 weeks later when you are sitting at your computer, reeking of cheap booze and loneliness I will post again, but only to tell you that I will post soon.

Sounds like fun, lets get started.


After work I ended up going for a walk with the wife and minion and once we put the little one to sleep, I crept down to the painting dungeon and got to work.  iPad playing Pandora with random Steven Lynch and Daniel Tosh comedy I kept myself focused on getting my job done.

The fleet is coming along nicely so far. I managed to get both the deck and hulls of all of the ships painted. That includes the trim (which i agree is hard to see here) and the paddles as well.

I originally did the deck with a light brown, but found it seemed to just kind of "blah" there and did nothing to impress me.  I wanted it to scream "WE ARE PLANKS OF WOOD, MADE FOR WAR!"  not.  "I'm pretty sure before I was cut down a dog pee'ed on me."    So I gave it a solid coat of a rich dark brown and it really brought out the feel.

 The fleets obligatory self-shot angled Facebook picture.



A nice formation to send them out on their maiden voyage.  Or you know, just to leave on the work bench...

My only battleship, I have yet to prime and paint the special weapons for it ( they are modular so i can swap as the games change ). I'm thinking making the missiles red, white and blue.  Just seems fitting.  :P


Slowly but surely.  I'm sure tomorrow I will go over the turrets with some boltgun grey, and start the log process of highlighting the raised green with a snotling green (almost lime greenish ) to bring out the detail.

I'm going to put some more detail on the bombers as well, I'm thinking some kind of blue to reflect the windows.  
I was thinking of actually painting the bottom of the plans like a sky blue.  I need to research if that was actually done in WWII to help disguise the plains.  I want to believe they did.

I wonder how many of you actually read all this crap and didn't just skim over the pictures.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment