Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Vampire Counts Army Project - Pt:1

Velcome back to my blog!  I vant to paint my vinatures!

That was terrible, I should be beaten for that.   As you can tell based on the title of this post, I'm aiming to finish my Vampire Counts army.

When I first started into the hobby I was pulled in with Warhammer 40k, but then the sleek looking skeleton models cam out from GW, and I fell in love with the Vampire Counts.  I have always enjoyed the myths that comes with vampires and werewolves. None of that  "sparkly" bullshit, but the kind that honestly hunted you for sport and fed on your fear as well as your life. So as they continued to build the range of models it continued to grab my interest.

It was when I picked up the starter box, and my friend picked up the dwarf starter that my drive into fantasy really began. So it is fitting that I'm going to take steps to finish this army and officially call it "Done".  I though that I would never actually reach that point, but with GW destroying the world and game that I have grown to enjoy for all these years I see more and more of the armies getting canceled. When I say canceled, I mean literally no longer making models for them.  I wanted a box of Brettonian Men-At-Arms because the theme of my army was to be an undead Brettonian feel.  I can't find sprues for Brettonians to save my life.   I have a box of Brett Knights and checking ebay they are going for $100 already.  I swear on I saw a website trying to sell 5 grail nights for $400.

I guess its true, its worth more when you can't get it anymore.
Thankfully my undead seem to be safe for now.  Though I need to finish my Dwarf army asap...

On to the stuff!

Here you can see the planned pile of things.  Last night I spent time taking each model out of my foam cases, and sorted them into groups that I can start to work on.


Skeleton's need to be finished, and based for the most part.
Worgs need to be based but are done.
Zombies need to be touched up and based
Ghouls need to be finished getting put together, based, primed and painted.
Corpse Cart needs to be based and detailed.
and the list goes on...

What I'm going to do is treat my blog as my own little check list of completion and also provide some fun information on the units and history of what they have done.

I will post updates and images of what I have gotten done, and then move to the next unit till everything is finalized.

I have some fun ideas, but I'm always open to suggestions so as we go through these posts please feel free to give me any ideas you can!

Thanks for taking time to read my blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment