Thursday, January 8, 2015

Firestorm Armada: Dindrenzi starter fleet. (Pt 1)

Today's post is about another long forgotten game that has been in my collection. Firestorm Armada.



About 3 years ago I had picked up a starter box for both Firestorm Armada, and Dystopian Wars, I picked them up when my friend Drake and I were on a "gotta get every game ever" tangent. (That happens often)

So not sure which one he was more interested in I picked up both because I figured, why not?  Everything I needed in one box, and when he gets around to it we can play.  Sadly he never fell in line with either game, but no worries though they get added to my collection and I get something to work on when I have free... er.. time.  Ha, cuz that happens.

So our friends over at The Game Store have started to create some buzz about the game, I watched a demo game in-between getting my Star Trek Attack Wing league game in for the month and it seemed like everyone was having a blast.  So the itch started, I got home and looked around for the starter box that I had. Sure enough there she was, barely touched.

I put it on the workbench, an obvious sign that things would get worked on soon.
Yep, I'm sure it was literally the next thing in line...
Two weeks later I ended up back at The Game Store for another ST:AW tournament they were hosting and once again it was mentioned in passing by other people chatting away. (That tournament had some time to waste)  So again, more pressure on my mind about it.

So finally Adam, the general manager over at The Game Store created a facebook group for it and once again I find myself split between like 6 games.
Over the course of several days I got the ships assembled.

I'm not going to lie, I think that the big one is simply Megatron in gun form.
Then I promptly put them back in their box.  This wasn't my primary objective, I had actually written out a whole extension to this post on how I painted them and dry brushed them.  Just waiting for me to do it and take a picture.  Never got to that.  A few days later I had spoken to  Adam at TGS  and he convinced me to pick up the brand new Battle for Valhalla box set, sans the Terran faction. So of course that happened.

So now I have basically the same ships only they are new ships and more details models. I can already tell that my older ships are going to be regulated to flanking attacks or suicide runs. I'm a model elitist at heart and if one model looks better than another, the one that doesn't look as good will be considered 2nd class.

I plan to get to putting the new ones together in the next few months. In the mean time all of them are still sitting in their fancy box on the shelf with 40+ other boxes of stuff that still need to get put together.

Yay having vices!

I'm going to work on Pt 2 when I can break out the new starter models and really give them the attention they deserve




No comments:

Post a Comment